Tuesday, January 12, 2010
My friend Colleen has nominated me for the
Over the Top blog award. Colleen and I first became acquainted a couple of years ago when she was talking about the pink lady slipper. I replied back that it is the Minnesota State Flower, and we've been friends ever since. We also both wear Mary Poppins hats, although in recent days, with our below-zero weather, I've taken to
my Elmer Fudd version with the earflaps.
Colleen was also very helpful to me when my mother transitioned to assisted living. Her dad was in a nursing home and we emailed a lot about dealing with aging parents. Thanks Colleen.
Here are my responses to the survey
1. Where is your cell phone? I don't own one.
2. Your hair? Wild Oat with Carmel highlights.
3. Your mother? In assisted living.
4. Your father? Deceased for 22 years.
5. Your favorite food? Pasta salad with tuna, celery, onions, and Hellmann's real full fat mayo.
6. Your dream last night? Don't recall.
7. Your favorite drink? Ice cold Diet Pepsi with lemon.
8. Your dream/goal? Peace of mind.
9. What room are you in? Drafty bedroom.
10. Your hobby? Knitting and beadwork.
11. Your fear? Becoming disabled from db and being a burden to someone.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Maintaining my health and aging gracefully.
13. Where were you last night? Home.
14. Something you aren't? Skinny.
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? Car.
17. Where did you grow up? A small charming prairie town in central Minnesota. Free band concerts every Friday night in the park. Quiet, tree-lined streets. Neighbors helping one another.
18. Last thing you did? Ate a Lean Cuisine and two perfectly ripe clementines.
19. What are you wearing? An unbecoming fuzzy purple bathrobe and big clunky clogs my cousin brought me from Norway.
20. Your tv? Too small.
21. Your pets? None. But I'd like a miniature Schnauzer. I'd put bows in its hair.
22. Your friends? Precious beyond gold.
23. Your life? Chaotic.
24. Your mood? Anxious.
25. MIssing someone? Yes. My friend, Andrea, who died last March.
26. Vehicle? None. I gave up my car over a year ago in order to have more $ to pay diabetes expenses. However, I am very partial to Honda Civics.
27. Something you're not wearing? Medical i.d. bracelet.
28. Your favorite store? Knitpicks Online Knitting Store
29. Your favorite color? Sapphire blue.
30. When was the last time you laughed? This morning.
31. Cried? At 3 p.m. at work. My middle nephew fainted during basketball and was being evaluated for cardiac problems over the last two days. They found he has unstable blood pressure, which runs in his dad's family. It can be controlled with medication. When my sis emailed me and told me he was going to be okay, I cried, because I love him dearly.
32. Your best friend? E.
33.One place that I go over and over? Fort Snelling State Park - I call it my "hidden jewel" because it's right here in town and few people know about it. And I certainly don't go blabbing it around. It has trails for hiking and biking, a swimming beach and picnic areas. There are two picnic shelters for use in winter, with big stone fireplaces. Very peaceful on a summer afternoon, sitting under one of the big cottonwood trees......
34. One person who emails me regularly? JT, a lawyer from my company's NY headquarters. I have to check in with him, so it's not voluntary.
35. Favorite place to eat? The Bombay Bistro. Yum times ten.
And here are 3 sisters that I pass the torch to:
Zazzy, also known as my vindaloo sister. Zaz is not afraid to delve into deep emotions and has a lot o f wisdom and insight. (And two very cool kitties). She is extremely honest with her life and determined to improve it. She also has a cookiong site, Chicken and Eggs which always makes me hungry.
Next we have Molly, at
Dam Diabetes. Molly , who lives in my neck of the woods, blogs about her super-pooch, Dixie. (I think Dixie is from anoter planet.) Dixie helps Molly to safely live an active life as a schoolteacher, despite having hypo unawareness. In the summer then go canoeing at
Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota. This wilderness is populated by big mean bears, mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds, and, of course Bigfoot.
And Heidi, over at
The D Log Cabin, who writes creative poetry. Heidi is a very smart lady and knowledgeable about science, medicine and db. Heidi is also an EMT, and if I were in need of medical assistance, I'd like her to be the one to help me.
Wow. That was a lot of linking. And my 'puter ain't in a linking mood. But it was fun to get reconnected again after not posting since November.
Happy and Healthy New Year to all! xoxoxoxoxox