This meme has been winding its way through the OC for the last couple of days. It will be fun to see if we can get a big participation.
1. Do you still have tonsils?
Yes - I was of the generation where it was fashionable to have them yanked
2. Would you bungee jump?
Maybe, but not until I've lost a bunch of weight so I could be sure the cord
would not break.
3. If you could do anything in the world for a living, what would you do?
4. How many tattoos do you have?
One, a purple iris on my belly.
5. Your favorite fictional animal?
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My niece Emily.
7. Do you consider yourself organized?
Yes, very much so for diabetes logging, health records, prescription
renewals. No, not at all for the other areas of my life.
8. Any addictions?
Substances: milk chocolate, Diet Pepsi, Dairy Queen onion rings
Activities: knitting and beadwork
Authors: anything by Joyce Carol Oates
9 From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
My fellow commuters at the bus stop.
10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Carnival - it's much more interactive and I love the lights after dark.
11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you
12. Best movie you've seen this year?
13. Favorite alcoholic drink.
champagne cocktail (I have one about every five years)
14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Plug in my electric hair rollers.
One older brother and two younger sisters (that are twins to each other).
16. What is the best thing about your job?
The health benefits - seriously.
17. Have you ever gone to therapy?
Yes, for years. Also currently.
18. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
To relive my 20's and 30's without being paralyzed by the fear of
diabetes complications - note that I did not say without diabetes.
19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?
Yes, a lamp. I went the opening weekend and stood in line 90
minutes to pay for it.
20. Have you ever gone camping?
Lots, and still do. Up until a couple of years ago I also used to take one
solo camping trip per summer - sort of a mini contemplative retreat.
21. Gas prices - first thought
"What's this world coming to?"
22. Your favorite cartoon character?
23. What was your first car?
A Honda civic with 200,000 miles on it. I cannot remember the
color (so long ago).
24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
25. The Cosby Show or The Simpsons?
26. Do you go to church?
No, but a couple of times a month I go to the Quaker meeting house
and sit with the community and listen for that "still small voice
27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Bob Dylan, of course.
28. What errand/chore do you despise?
Cleaning my mini-blinds.
29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
"Yipee, it's Friday."
30 Last time you puked from drinking?
31. What is your heritage?
32. Favorite flower?
33. Disney or Warner Bros?
34. What is your best childhood memory?
Going to my grandma's farm in the summer and trekking into the
woods to pick blackberries. The mosquitoes were very thick and
once we did some makeshift mosquito netting from old lace
35. Your favorite potato chip?
Baked Lays sour cream 'n' onion.
36. What is your favorite candy?
Milky Way caramels, Milk Duds and Twizzlers Red Licorice Bites
37. Do you burn or tan?
Burn, like any self-righteous Scandinavian would.
38. Astrological sign?
39. Do you own a gun?
No, but I have 40+ pairs of very sharp knitting needles and an
equally threatening pruning shears.
40. What do you think of hot dogs?
The best way to cook them is on a campfire, sticking them directly
into the flames until they're all black.
Have a good weekend.